8.5.16

One month later

One month after the publication of Amoris Laetitia, an inescapable conclusion:


[Source: The Remnant / Michael Sestak]

When I started questioning Pope Francis' words, omissions and "gestures" by comparing them with the Catechism of Catholic Church, I was accused of being a "lefebvrite" by the very people who taught me the Catechism.

That was a bit disturbing because, first, I was quoting ... the Catechism! Second, I had spent countless hours debating "lefebvrites" in the Internet and I knew that they don't like the 1992/7 Catechism. Lastly, I remembered how these people had talked about paragraph n.º1650 of the Cathechism and Sacramentum Caritatis n.º29. I remember it well because, for me - although I had lived the life of a bourgeois pagan for several years -, it was a non-issue, but they nevertheless kept hammering at it like I was an adulterer!

But after a month of Amoris Laetitia and the accompanying silence of those who have the responsibility to confirm us in the Faith, I have to conclude that Msgr. Lefebvre was right and that I have indeed become a "lefebvrite" of sorts...

I am not a member of SSPX. I have never been to a SSPX chapel or function and probably never will. I go to what "lefebvrites" call "Novus Ordus" Mass, which for me is the Mass, and my heart aches whenever they start bad-mouthing it. In my diocese we have an intermittent - sort of monthly - TLM on Saturday mornings. I always admired the reverence with which people receive communion on these Masses and I enjoy the silence and intimacy of it, but I don't really belong to the crowd that moves around it. I am more at home with the old ladies and the 'proletarians' that go to daily mass at my local parish.

Nevertheless, Msgr. Lefebvre's diagnosis was absolutely right. I just hope that he was also right when he said that "one day Rome will return to Tradition".


P.S. ... and I hope to still be around when that happens, either in this world or in purgatory, because, lately, I've been dusting off all the pagan gear that I had stored in my virtual attic...

P.S.2 Afinal, não se trata tanto de silêncio cúmplice, mas de cacofonia.

1 comentário:

Basto disse...

É um depoimento interessante João.

Inicialmente, quando comecei a questionar alguns aspetos da nova doutrina (ou pastoral...) de Francisco que não batiam certo com aquilo que aprendi e acredito, fui acusado de uma série de coisas... Era tudo fruto de desinterpretações da mídia, nenhuma das questões levantadas era real ou tinha fundamento... Hoje, os mesmos que defendiam a ortodoxia papal face aos abusos da comunicação social, já interpretam essas heterodoxias como eu as via e defendem-nas como se de uma coisa boa se tratasse. E foi assim que fui acusado de uma série de coisas e expulso de um forum na Internet sediado na Irlanda do Norte, na mesma altura em que iniciei o meu blogue...

Isto está a ficar mesmo muito feio...